A national center for fiber art, Textile Center’s mission is to honor textile traditions, promote excellence and innovation, and inspire widespread participation in fiber art.
Welcome to the application for the 2023 McKnight Fellowships for Fiber Artists!
Textile Center is pleased to announce the fourth year of McKnight Fellowship for Fiber Artists. The intent of this program is to recognize and support midcareer (and beyond!) fiber and textile artists living and working in Minnesota who demonstrate a sustained level of accomplishment, commitment, and artistic excellence in the field.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, October 24, 2022, 5:00 pm CST
Start your application early. Please plan ahead to make sure your computer system is compatible with the application process, your submitted materials are correct and functional, and that you understand how the system works. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Even if you are in the middle of your application, the system will immediately stop accepting applications at 5 pm CST on October 24, 2022.
All applications must include the following:
- Confirmation of eligibility
- 12 digital images of your work, or a combination of videos (NEW this year) and images--see this section for specific details.
- Image list (PDF)
- Statement of Work, describing current work and direction (PDF) or 2 minute Video discussing your work (.mpg or .mp4 format)
- Résumé or List of Accomplishments (PDF)
- Proof of CURRENT legal Minnesota residency, dating back to October 24, 2021 or earlier. This may mean you have to upload more than one document to cover the period of the entire year. (PDF, JPG, or JPEG)
- Demographic information is optional, and is used by McKnight Foundation and Textile Center to evaluate program outreach.
- NEW this year: A one sentence statement on your identity and demographics can be included, if you want the jurors to see it.
PLEASE CAREFULLY REVIEW the MCKNIGHT FELLOWSHIPS FOR FIBER ARTISTS information document for additional details prior to submitting your application.
For questions regarding eligibility, guidelines, and application process, please contact:
Director for Artistic Advancement